Readers are using the advice from the elders to “think different.”
- You’re deepening and widening your emotional circle. You’re making new friends and adding some younger friends. And you’re not taking your family and friends as much for granted.
- You’re taking up new activities – sculling, rowing, dancing, music lessons.
- You’re mixing up your traditions and breaking down old patterns in order to make memories. e.g. Doing something completely different for your holiday.
- You’re taking risks – buying that boat and heading off for an extended cruise, quitting work, relocating, finding a new partner.
- You’re re-organizing your library while you still have the wherewithal.
- You’re rethinking retirement and planning to mix in some part-time consulting or deciding to re-train in a different field.
- You’re downsizing or you’re re-considering the suitability of your cottage as a retirement home.
- You’re getting rid of your stuff, and trying to convince your partner to do the same.
- You’re getting together with relatives to research your family tree while there’s still time.
- You’ve given the book to your partner and said, “After you’ve read it, let’s talk.”
- You’re reminding yourself about the importance of passion and the need for a challenging, creative interest. And you’re figuring out how to find it.
What’s your new year’s resolution? Share it by commenting below!