You Could Live a Long Time: Are You Ready? offers advice on how you can prepare for old age now, so that you get as much life satisfaction as possible from what may well be a long life.
* Money isn’t everything, and won’t cure ill-health or loneliness.
* Cultivate new friendships now.
* To keep your dignity, give up your pride.
* You need a work plan, instead of a retirement plan
* To keep a home, consider leaving your house.
* If you push too hard to stay young you’ll get old faster.
The unique message is that we should not try to avoid old age. Instead of trying to do the impossible to stay forever young, Lyndsay Green comes to the radical conclusion that in order to get as much as possible out of our old age we will need to embrace it.
Flip through the photos from the book tour here.
Pub date: April 3, 2010